Surviving the First Trimester

.
After hearing almost everyone I know having a bundle of joy, now it's my turn on the OB clinic.

The first month was a breeze, cause I wasn't aware that I was pregnant. Until I hit the second month, that was the time the pregnancy kit showed "positive" result. Here a lot of changes took place.

1.) A few days after that my taste bud started to changed, everything I ate tasted the same, which was quite frustrating, this made eating none desirable, yet I was hungry all the time. Which made it quite difficult for me to  swallow down the food .  I was eating 4 meals a day and 4 in between snacks just to quite my stomach. That's a lot of tasteless food to swallow. The following are the food I tried for my snacks:
1. Crackers or bisquits
2. Slices of Cheese
3. Sandwiches
4. Breakfast Cereals
5. Maruya
6. Banana
7. Donuts
8. Powdered milk
9. Chocolates
10. Oats


All of them taste the same. Like eating a cardboard.

I've never been this hungry all the time in my life. But endured it all the same as they say the baby needs it.

2.) Some of my clothes would not fit me anymore, specially the maong and shorts. And I started to borrow my husband's pants.

3.) I get dizzy in the evenings, and have to lie down by 8pm.

4.) On my 13th week, finally! Finally! My taste bud was showing signs of life. That was a relief! But had to start wearing maternity dress by this time. Which was quite a adjustment for me, since I never like "duster" type clothes.

5.) Since, my tummy was getting bigger, it's not easy to find a comfortable position to sleep. Most of the time I have to sleep on my side.

6.) Stairs are a source of dilemma for me, I have to take my time when I go up a stairs on doctors orders. And if possible avoid them.

7.) I cannot eat junk foods, nor drink coke. I cannot eat Mangoes as they have high sugar content. On doctors orders as these are unhealthy for the baby.

8.) I cannot eat apples as they can cause constipation.

9.) I cannot eat fatty foods to avoid raising my blood pressure during pregnancy.

I never thought pregnancy would have a downside. Most of the foods that was advice against by the OB were my favorites.  I felt a little sad about it, so this is what's it like to be pregnant at 30+. Lots of "don'ts".  Well at least am down with 3 months, 5 more to go.






Originally posted in Multiply on Dec. 06, 2007


0 comments:

Post a Comment