Reminiscing The Past....

.



This is the 2nd part of the honeymoon blog.

We arrived at Cebu by 6pm. I've been in this place several times, since my mom grew up here. So there was only one placed I wanted to go in Cebu, the Cebu port-where the MV Doulos was.

I remember going up this ship while I was just a kid, I was kinder, I think. This is where I got my first paperdolls. And to be up here again after how many years is a real treat.

Imagine, the first time I was up the ship I was only a kid and going with my parents.
Now, I was up the ship with my husband.

My husband also remembers being in Doulos during his younger years. His parents also brought him there. So we had quite a story while going up the ship, and tracking back our footsteps during the time we were just kids touring the ship. 

The MV Doulos docks in Manila and Cebu only. They use to dock in Davao, but my Pa told me that the last time they were in Davao, there was a threat to bomb the ship. I dunno if that is true. But since then they have not docked at Davao port.

The ship is the world's oldest active ocean-faring passenger ship(according to Guinness Book of World Records), which was built in 1914, she was first a freighter during world war II, then a passenger ship, in 1959 she became a cruise liner. On 1977 she was acquired by the German Charity (Good books for All) and was renamed to Doulos. 

After the success of Doulos, a second ship was commissioned, the MV Logos.

MV Logos route does not include Asia, I think, so far I haven't heard any news about that ship docking in the philippines. Anyways you can view their official site, at Doulos and Logos.

We bought a few books and tapes while we were there.

Neneng a friend of my husband met us at the ship, and she was kind enough to tour us around Cebu, she took us to places I haven't seen for quite awhile like the IT hub of Cebu, that was something else, the lights and sounds was totally like that of Makati. And this section is almost up 24 hours a day as call centers is also a major hit in this city. See a few photos in this link.

Then stopping at Banilad Town Center, we walk around to see Cebu's night life.

By 1:00 in the morning, it was time to retire for the night. But as our hotel was totally something else, I asked my husband that we tour the place a bit. And tour I did. Just take a look at the pictures!

Outside view of the Hotel

Hotel Lobby

Hotel Restaurant Area

The room we were in

What really surprised me and my hubby is that, the price is affordable, a free breakfast and they have a service which will pick you up from the airport. Very convenient! The place reminds me of my ahia's in-law house in Alabang-Manila. The name is Europa Mansionette hotel, located at Mandaue City, they can be reached at 09278102747 or 032-511 1122.

- Previously posted at Multiply on March 09, 2007

0 comments:

Post a Comment